My room for the past few weeks has just been complete and total chaos! I had shoes scattered everywhere, clothing laying here and there, laundry baskets ready to be washed, accessories were MIA, it was a disaster. I've just been so busy with other things that I just kept putting it off and putting it off and putting it off. I woke up today and knew exactly what I wanted to wear, but of course couldn't find it. So enough was enough. I was determined to organize and de-clutter my closet.
Here was my plan of attack.
1. remove EVERYTHING from the space you call a closet.
(I left my sweatshirts, shoes, & pants/shorts since i knew they were all keeps)
2. organize clothing into piles.
(cant live without, "eh i might wear it" & "what was I thinking? EW!")
3. take you're "what was I thinking? EW!" pile and garbage bag it up!
(either donate or throw away, I prefer donate!)
4. Go threw "eh I might wear it" and divide up once again.
(keeps! & sayonara baby!)
5. put everything back that you want, neatly of course, and dispose of the rest.
And there ya have it, bada bing bada boom clean closet!
(I organize my tops and dresses from long sleeve alllll the way to strap-less.)